Monday, March 13

Diddy learns where his place REALLY is

Reality TV is pure madness. I love it, but it's driving me nuts! I absolutely cannot keep up with the amount of reality shows being pitched, piloted and previewed the world over. In the past week alone I have an obscene amount of shows bookmarked in my favorites. I don't want to bore you, but there are way too many to put them all in a single post, so take a deep breath and get ready for 2 consecutive posts about the new reality series in the works. See any you like? Any you hate and think are ridic? Let me know...not like I have any control over what goes on TV but I'll use my semi-professional opinion to tell you if we should be friends or if I think you're an idiot.

*Already on air, "Starting Over" is a daytime reality show for all you stay at home moms out there. I haven't heard much about it yet, but it sounds like something that we should expect a little conflict from. The series follows women living in a house where they can re-invent themselves along with life coaches. I didn't catch the first episode but it was about a woman who was still grieving years after having an abortion. From what it sounds like, the show sends a pretty clear message about what pro-choice results in. If a woman chooses to abort her unborn child, the emotional repercussions will be undeniably catastrophic. Pretty heavy for a reality show! I'll have to keep my eyes open for the next episode.

*Do you play Halo? Do you consider yourself a gamer? Do you stay up, sometimes all night, because you're so close to the next level? If you answered yes to these questions...well frankly if you answered yes to ANY of these questions, then you need to get a life in my opinion. That's just me, though, so if you need a break from the games then feast your eyes on an equally mind numbing work of art. "X Quest" is not only a game, but a reality show on the Fox Network. Co-creator of Halo Alex Seropian is keeping the details around the show hush, hush so we're not sure how the series will run, but so far it seems like gamers will be the star of the show and players at home can interact with the series participants. Neato.

*"Supergroup" is exactly what it sounds like. Its about a supergroup. haha no seriously, VH1 has begun taping the show in Las Vegas. Basically the creators lock musicians in a house for 10 days to collaborate on writing and recording original music. There is a minimum of one song to be produced, but they're hoping for more. As of right now, the musical line-up will include Scott Ian from Anthrax, guitarist Ted Nugent, Evan Seinfeld from Biohazard, former SKID ROW vocalist Sebastian Bach and drummer Jason Bonham. Joining the musicians in the house will be Don McGhee, manager to the stars, who is in charge of the group.

*I know you probably don't live in Guatemala if you're reading this, but if you are, you absolutely have to watch "Desafio 10." Actually....as I reread the article in the Washington Post I realize it's a total copy of another reality show I discussed a few weeks ago. Hm...SO I guess you've seen this little song and dance before. 10 strangers picked to live in a house. Work together, study together to find out what happens when these ex-gangsters stop being hoodlums, and start becoming accountants, marketing execs and customer service representatives. "Desafio 10," Guatemala. The gangsters represent a group linked to drug trafficking and THOUSANDS of murders in locations ranging from Tegulcigalpa to Washington, D.C. The series airs this month with the help of the US Agency for International Development, who gave a $15,000 grant to Creative Associates International for the project.

*If you know anything about me, then you know I love reality TV, but even more so I love crafts. You 'aint seen nothing until you've seen my works of decoupage. Hence, my excitement over "Homemaking with the Stars." Featuring such A-listers as Diddy, Naomi Judd and Carmen Electra, the series will put the celebs in regular homes and ask them to multi-task in a competition to see who runs the tightest ship. It'll definitely be Diddy. As Ellen would call him, the man, the myth, the legend. Diddy runs the city, and I'm sure he'll be able to run the kitchen.

No comments:


"You don't even know the difference between right and wrong anymore...it's just sad"