Tuesday, March 7

Spring Break '06! HOLLAAA!!!

To some unenlightened people, spending spring break in Rhode Island is no fun. Those are not the type of people I choose to be friends with. I'm FINALLY at the half way mark for second semester and so far my week in the dirty dubs has been awesome. No need to worry though, people, because as much as I love vacation, I would never completely neglect my beloved reality TV.

After waking up early to spend the day in Wrentham I opted to go home last night after visiting Kristen at the Grinder so I made it just in time to set up shop in front of the tube for "Gauntlet 2" and "There and Back." (If you don't know the people and places I refer to in my blog, I apologize, but 95% of you do so I like to keep you coming back for more by doing the occasional shout-out)

Last night's challenge was the veterans first attempt for team unity now that 'ding, dong' the witch is dead. The task was to get all of your team members, some exercise balls, pool noodles, duct tape and a few other random items out of a deep wooden box thingy in the fastest time. The trick was the teams did not get to watch one another go through the mission and went one at a time, oblivious as to how the other team did.

The veterans blew the rookies out of the water with the speed they got 8 of their teammates up, but they ran the clock out because Timmy couldn't manage to get out, despite a valiant attempt involving him taping an exercise ball to his foot. Guess he forget they were round...and rolled.
Unfortunately for the vets and their positive new team dynamic, Alton pulled through for the rookies and had Landon climb up him while other teammates held him, dangling from the top of the box. I'm bummed to be honest. I love Timmy and Mark and Robin and I love it when Julie praises Jesus during the missions so I just have a penchant for the red team.

Team reactions after the mission hinted that Timmy would have to drop his walker for a visit to the gauntlet, but Derrick was none to happy to learn that it was Brad who he'd be facing off with. I was upset too because I love Brad and his bad boy exterior. I expected more from him too during the trivia/wrestling game, who's name escapes me at the moment, but alas Derrick remains captain for another week.

In other gauntlet news, Alton REJECTED Jodie and basically said he just wanted to be friends. Jodie tried to play it cool but you know that psycho was crying hysterically behind the scenes. Muahaha. Jodie sucks.

"There and Back" wasn't quite as entertaining as usual, nor is it ever as addictive as "Gauntlet 2," but to sum it up: Ashley's trying to finish his album, his dad hates him and Tiff surprised him with a visit from his mom. Oh right, and then Tiff REJECTED him on the aisle in Vegas. haha, two rejections in one night. That's entertainment, folks.

Seriously though, you just had a child, your mother-in-law is your live-in slave, you just saw your mom who was raving about how great you are, and you want to get married in Vegas with your drunk stoner friends sans anyone who actually matters in your life? Cool. Great dare, Ashley. Hopefully a divorce dare is included somewhere at the end of the season once Ashley tells Tiff that he's not planning on bringing his new family on tour with him.

...? Boys are so stupid sometimes. My dad has four sisters and then had three daughters, NO brothers and NO sons. You'd think the man would have some feminine sensibilities by now, but the other day when I asked him if he liked the CDs I got him for Christmas he said he only liked one of them. They're hopeless. Every last one of them.

No comments:


"You don't even know the difference between right and wrong anymore...it's just sad"