Monday, March 27

And then...and then and then and then...

Honestly I can't even think of any more cute and original introductions for telling you guys about new reality shows so I'm just going to put my thing down, flip it and reverse it right here.

*With such profound and inspiring lyrics as "dontcha wish yo girlfriend was hot like me?" and "I don't give a *beep* if ya lookin' at my *beep*," the Pussycat Dolls are a force to be reckoned with on the music scene and are reportedly in the works of taking over TV as well. The project is unnamed as of yet but is under the direction of CW network and will be an unscripted series centered in Los Angeles. I'm predicting many a wardrobe malfunction and maybe even some hard core brainstorming sessions. It's tough to top "stickwitchu," but it's worth a shot.

*Based on the movie starring Reese Witherspoon, "Election" will be a reality series of Lifetime about real high school candidates for class president. Politicians James Carville and Mary Matalin have signed on to counsel the candidates, who will be selected from high schools in the Washington, D.C., area. As a former class president myself, part of me expects to be addicted to the show and the other part will probably be really angry. Ask anyone I went to high school with-I took it SERIOUSLY. You think you've got problems? Try planning a prom that 300 people who have nothing in common are all going to enjoy. It can ruin you.

*Lifetime's not fooling around with their new reality TV line-up. I haven't told you guys about it yet, but I have a new reason to wake up on Sundays. "Cheerleader Nation" is about a high school cheerleading team with two national championships under their belt and is looking for one more. Loves it. So anyways, the third reality show to add to their line-up will be "PAWS." The series will give an inside look at a Hollywood Pet Agency where the business is tough and the customers want the celebrity treatment-for their pets. Just what I need, to be made to feel inferior to domesticated animals.

*The name says it all: "Voices of Joy." Over $1.3 million will be awarded in scholarship money for the winners of the search for America's best church choir. The series will also follow the families and churches involved in the competition, but frankly I don't know how they're going to spice this show up. Unless it turns into "Sister Act II."

"You down with G-O-D?"
"Yeah, you know me."

*Finally! A reality show I can try to be on!! MTV and Rolling Stone are in the works of a series about aspiring journalists competing for a one-year position at the magazine. The name of the show hasn't been released yet, but it will begin taping in June in New York and will premiere later on this year. Figures that the applications are due on April 7 and I'm far too busy and important to meet that deadline, but there's always next year.

No comments:


"You don't even know the difference between right and wrong anymore...it's just sad"