Tuesday, April 11

The end is near

Can you believe it? We're in the last week of this blog! Now it's still up in the air if I'll call it quits after this semester or not, but either way, you're in luck! You'll get a new, fun and funky fresh post every day this week (other than yesterday...but I'll do 2 today to make up for it) to help you with the separation anxiety.

It's probably a waste because none of you EVER comment on my blog, (thanks a lot LAURA. ELLEN. BOYLAN. LAUREN. SHEILA. KRISTEN. KYLE...that's right, I called you out. The only way you can challenge this is to comment) but let's look back over this semester. What was your favorite reality TV moment? Do you have a favorite post? Are you sad I could stop writing soon or will you not appreciate what you have until it's gone?

Moving on.

I knew all along that reality TV is good for a lot of things. Finally I have someone to back me up as legit as Hugh Grant. Yup, that's right, everyone's favorite British charmer/international playboy knew that the only way to truly prepare for an upcoming role is to learn more about the human condition through reality TV.

Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating. You might have seen previews for his new movie, though, "American Dreamz." I find the 'z' to be both distracting and unnecessary, but I'll forgive him that for now. Grant plays a reality show talent judge alongside Mandy Moore, which makes me believe there's some kind of message being sent about gross consumerism or the country's mindless obsession with trivial things like TV. Mandy's dating Zach Braff and I don't think he'd date someone who was just in a movie for the ducats. He's like...deep.

About his research, Grant told a reporter at Starpulse,"I'd never watched them [reality shows] before but studied a bunch of tapes and I enjoy cruelty. I like people being humiliated. I like watching freaks. The freakier, the better as far as I'm concerned."

You and me both, Hugh...you and me both.

No comments:


"You don't even know the difference between right and wrong anymore...it's just sad"